||Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2021!
Accurate, reliable, objective, and comprehensive, Kaplan & Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry has long been the leading clinical psychiatric resource for clinicians, residents, students, and other health care professionals both in the US and worldwide. Now led by a new editorial team of Drs. Robert Boland and Marcia L. Verduin, it continues to offer a trusted overview of the entire field of psychiatry while bringing you up to date with current information on key topics and developments in this complex specialty. The twelfth edition has been completely reorganized to make it more useful and easier to navigate in today’s busy clinical settings.
A revised table of contents moves the most clinically relevant material to the beginning of the book, including sections on diagnosis, psychopathology and psychiatric conditions, treatment across the lifespan, and therapy and other interventions.
- Reformats clinical chapters to include clearer section headings and easy-to-digest summaries of important information, all with the goal of helping you find information quickly and easily locate answers to specific problems.
- Includes numerous case studies to enhance the learning experience.
- Presents the most current treatment methods including descriptions of all modern psychotherapeutic techniques.
- Includes descriptive tables for all relevant DSM-5 and ICD-10 diagnoses and an up-to-date psychopharmacology section organized according to mechanisms of action.
- Carries on the tradition of excellence established by Drs. Benjamin J. Sadock and Virginia A. Sadock, with Dr. Pedro Ruiz returning as Consulting Editor.